Followers

Saturday 31 March 2018

Finally some Good News !

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I'm sorry I have been largely absent the last few weeks from both blogging and commenting, I've been feeling a bit low since my op and my mojo had also deserted me which hasn't helped either.
But yesterday I had the news I had been hoping for that my biopsy was all clear and my lump is benign ! I suppose I hadn't realised how it was affecting me but now I feel like someone has taken their finger off the pause button on my life and I can stop moping about and get on with things again :)

Sooo anyway with that weight lifted I finally managed to make a couple of cards thank goodness, especially as I was desperate to join in with Scrappymo's March Rudolf Challenge and the Merry Monday Challenge both of which I'm just catching in time with this card.




I found this image already printed out in one of my folders, I think he is so cute ! I thought it was a DigiStamp Boutique image but I can't find it on the site so I think it has been retired.
I have coloured him with Promarkers and sadly you can't see on the photo (it's been raining all day and so the lighting was terrible) but the fur on his hat and the ribbons on the gifts have had the Wink of Stella treatment and are really sparkly.
The tartan paper is from The Works and the gold pearlescent card is Anna Marie Designs.
I finished off with some punched snowflakes and a Clearly Besotted snowflake which I have added a red gem to. I have a small confession to make, the snowflake right next to the pup wasn't meant to be there it was intended to be further up but I dropped it and would have been left with a glue mark so there it had to stay Lol.

That's all for now

Crafty Hugs,
Kaz xxx

22 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Very cute card Karen and pleased to read you're all ok with your health, your mojo will return you just need to take some you time now - smile and breathe deep, here's a hug.. O.. Robyn

Tracy Welham said...

This is a lovely cute festive card.

You must feel very relieved about the results of the biopsy. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Lynne said...

A super Christmas card with cute image and so pleased to hear of your good news, must be a huge relief! Happy Easter x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kaz this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. I am so pleased about your news that must have been a huge relief. I hope you have a very Happy Easter. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Karen and I think your snowflakes look wonderful right where they landed!! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

pam said...

Karen, that is wonderful news! really happy for you.
Beautiful Christmas card.
Pam x

Carole said...

Cute card Kaz! So pleased your news is good...have a Happy Easter! xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
oh I am so glad you have had good news.
I remember when I had probs years ago with my smears and we were just about to move to Kent and the silly doctor said you should get this sorted before you go to another county we really paniced, but decided to move in any rate.
When I got here there was not all the horrible things he was saying to us they said it was fine, but I needed checkin on every year just in case.
few I can tell you that was a weight off my mind and my shoulders.
I tell you I could have strangled that doctor in Wales if I was that way inclined.

Happy Rudolf Days.
Your card is so lovely I love the image and you have coloured it wonderfully.
The tartan paper is one of my fave Christmas papers to use.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Kaz and what wonderful news, I'm so pleased for you. Your wait must have been so stressful for you and of course it takes it's toll Psychologically of you, but all's well.

Lovely card, such a sweet image and super colouring, take care Kate x

Sarah said...

What great news Karen, no wonder you were feeling out of sorts. What a great card this is, love the tartan paper, perfect for this little Scottie!! xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kaz, such a sweet image and great sentiment.
I'm so pleased to hear your good news, I'm sure it must of been such a relief.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Love your card Kaz, sweet sentiment too. Good news, love hearing good news, having worked in oncology I know that all news is not good...bless you..xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Katrina Bufton said...

Really sweet card, I love the sentiment :D
So glad to hear your biopsy was clear, good news indeed.
Hugs,
Katrina x

Marianne said...

Such a sweet card, Karen. So happy for you that the lump turned out to be benign. That must be a huge relief. I know what you mean by saying it felt as if your life was paused. We were elated when the oncologist declared my husband cancer free back in January. He will continue to be monitored of course, but we can breath more easily now.
Hugs, Marianne

Wendy L said...

Pretty card, glad all turned out OK for you, very stressful time, xx

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Kaz, I love that adorable image and fun sentiment! Awesome news, so happy for you!
Hugs, Tammy

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So glad to hear of your good news, congrats and thanks so much for playing Merry Monday Challenge with your beautiful card this week!

scrappymo! said...

Ohhh, this image is so adorable! A sweet little puppy and sweet card. I smiled when I read the story of the glue spot. My next card has placement of snow in two ofthe corners as I dropped a rhinestone and it took the mirri finish off my backing!
What the receivers of our cards don't know, eh!

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Janice said...

Love your card Kaz, such a cute image and fab sentiment!
So pleased you read you received good news. Now you can concentrate on enjoying life and crafting.
Janice x

Jules said...

Hi Kaz

What fantastic news .. .. I am so happy for you. It must have been torture waiting to hear!!

Love your cute card too.

The image is still on the site Kaz .. .. it is part of a set that you can find here https://www.digistampboutique.co.uk/catalog/annie-occasions-p-1314.html

Many thanks for your lovely comments about my Mum. The last week has seen some great improvements and it is now just a case of us trying to build her strength up.

Love Jules xx

Marilyn said...

Fabulous news & congrats! Man, waiting to hear can weigh heavy on a person but I'm so happy for you the news was good.
This is such a cute card & I like the 'punny' sentiment.

Barb said...

Hi Kaz, so sorry I'm catching up and didn't realise what you've been going through. Glad to hear that you've had good news. Now you can get back to enjoying life properly. Your card is lovely. A really cute image and I love the background paper. The sentiment is great! Barbxx